||Job Opportunity Details
< Back to List of Available Positions
Licensed Practical Nurse - Hicksville Medical Office
The Licensed Practical Nurse position is responsible for providing professional nursing care to patients.
* Obtains, verifies and records health history of patients.
* Prepares equipment to efficiently draw blood.
* Monitors inventory of medical supplies and orders when necessary.
* Reports malfunctioning machinery to Administration.
* Promotes wellness by providing patient education materials and communicating physician advice and/or instructions.
* Organizes patient flow and accompanies patient to exam room.
* Sets up and cleans exam room before, between and after patient visits.
* Communicates by phone and/or in writing and/or by traveling to visit with patients, customers, physicians and medical facilities as needed or requested.
* Performs all other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education, Experience, Training:
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Completion of NYS approved Practical Nursing program.
* Minimum of one year experience required as of 2009.
* Current NYS Licensed Practical Nurse License
Occasional exposure to communicable diseases and biohazards. Daily standing, squatting, walking, bending and maneuvering. Assist in the transfer/positioning of patient with / without assisting devices. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to: email@example.com . We will contact only those individuals that we are interested in bringing to the next stage of the employment process. EOE
QLIMG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or provincial law.