||Job Opportunity Details
< Back to List of Available Positions
Registered Nurse - Care Manager - Hicksville Medical Office
The Care Manager, RN is an exempt position that provides, with minimal supervision, optimum medical care management services with cost effective solutions. Functions in a leadership role under the direction of the Care Management Director.
* Collaborates with hospital staff, physicians, patients, insurance carrier, medical office staff, customers and facilities to assess the patientís healthcare needs.
* Identifies and accepts referrals from inside/outside sources and refers appropriately within specialty cost management programs.
* Seeks and implements innovative ways that provide value added solutions and meet patient needs.
* Builds positive physician and patient relationships.
* Assesses patientsí healthcare needs and identifies community resources.
* Identifies service delivery problems and potential for effective case management intervention.
* Develops and implements case management plans to maximize healthcare outcomes and facilitate wellness.
* Communicates by phone and/or in writing and/or by traveling to visit with patients, customers, physicians and medical facilities as needed or requested.
* Researches, compiles and enters data for file management and to meet reporting requirements.
* Practices in accordance with applicable laws and standards, organizational policies and procedures and ethical principles (e.g. HIPAA, DOH, etc.).
* Accounts accurately for all hours worked and submits time records on schedule.
* Demonstrates responsibility for his/her own professional development and participates in medical group training programs, CME/CEU conferences in in-services programs as appropriate.
* Maintains professional license and certification in active and current status.
* Performs other job duties as requested by Care Management Supervisor.
Education, Experience, Training:
* Graduate from an accredited nursing program.
* Current New York State RN license.
* BSN and CCM preferred.
* Minimum of five (5) years clinical nursing experience and three (3) years case management or related experience.
* Sound knowledge of medical terminology, physiology, pathophysiology, surgical/non-surgical procedures.
* Knowledge of appropriate utilization for common medical conditions.
* Comprehensive knowledge of hospital, ambulatory and home health delivery systems.
* Comprehensive knowledge of insurance company principles.
* Comprehensive knowledge of local healthcare resources.
* Intermediate to advanced knowledge of computer systems and Microsoft applications.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive relationships.
* Ability to utilize expertise in a team setting providing leadership and mentoring to promote teamwork and support organizational goals.
* Highly developed analytical and organizational skills.
* Superior communications skills in both written and verbal formats.
Standing, walking, bending, grasping, manipulating and squatting. Occasional need to lift patient during transfer/positioning process with or without assistance. Ability to lift 50 pounds. Exposure to communicable diseases and biohazards.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to: email@example.com . We will contact only those individuals that we are interested in bringing to the next stage of the employment process. EOE
QLIMG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or provincial law.